You Think You See, But You Have No Idea

My photo
Jasper, Alabama, United States

Friday, November 7, 2008

Hearing the Unseen

I was was the opening manager at work this morning, and I was left with no choice but to do a conference call. Alone. Are you kidding me?!?
N I G H T M A RE.
I freaked out.
I've been on many conference calls before, but only as a listener (at other jobs). I've never been the one that had to represent my employers. I've never had to worry if I was missing anything, or if I was able to keep up with what was being said. I could get someone to fill me in later. And I sure didn't have to participate in the conversation. This morning I just didn't want to sound like an idiot in front of the other restaurants in our district, or our new district manager.
I did just fine.
Nothing to it.
I hate it when I freak out about something and later realize I was being stupid. I just don't trust my ears to do the hearing for me. I need to learn to trust myself to get the job done. Its scary sometimes to think that I can be a professional woman in the service industry and be hearing impaired.
I'm just Fantabulus!!! ;)

No comments: