You Think You See, But You Have No Idea

My photo
Jasper, Alabama, United States

Saturday, September 27, 2008

If a Woodpecker Pecks on a Pine Tree and You Can't Hear it,,,,does it still make a sound?



Today we went hiking. We had such a great time. We always do when we're outside. Especially in the forest. We love to hike, swim, ride our bikes, explore, anything in nature really. So, today, we're out hiking and we find a beautiful resting spot by a little stream. It's the most perfect weather, the most perfect amount of sun and shade. I was sitting there being thankful for the beautiful day, while Cam and Lar were looking for "fish" in the stream. All of a sudden Lar had us all be quiet so Cam could hear a woodpecker.
Umm,,,,
Shhhhhhh!!!
Shshh!
Mommy can't hear the woodpecker...
Ohhhh, wait. It must be too far away for us to hear it.
"Hey! Cam, can you hear that Woodpecker?"
"Yep, its going peck, peck pe e e e e e e e ek"
WHATS GOING ON?!?


By now I'm irritated. I want to hear the stupid woodpecker. My hearing aids have different settings on them that my audiologist and I set up for me. I have one that I use that is basically just my normal hearing but REAL loud. I use it at College to hear the professor in a large, quiet room. So anyway I turned it to that setting....and BAM! It was like the world came alive! I could hear birds, the woodpecker, leaves falling, water trickling down a stream, and way off in the distant other hikers.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?
I was living more in the dark than I realized! I felt so cheated!

When I first got the aids I'm wearing now, I could hear like that. Over time they have gotten weaker (I'm pretty sure its not my hearing.) and I really hadn't noticed HOW much I was missing!!!!
Grrr...
I hope I can find a woodpecker to peck on a money tree for me.
Because New Hearing Aids = MONEY
Its a double edged sword though,

Because New Hearing Aids = New Technology & Much Better Hearing, which = MONEY....

My biggest fear is money. That sucks. My insurance company should pay for them!
I needed to know that I wasn't hearing as well though...
So!
Thank You Woody Woodpecker!







No comments: