You Think You See, But You Have No Idea

My photo
Jasper, Alabama, United States

Monday, January 5, 2009

I don't share my poems often, but I thought some of you might enjoy this one

Little Ears and a Mothers Hopes and Dreams


Hearing aids in the littlest ears, I'd ever seen.
With them died, all my hopes and dreams.

A little baby boy, too young to talk.
Wearing hearing aids, before he could set up, or even walk.

The anger the sadness, it all came and went.
Along with the therapy's, and doctors, and the money we spent.

I've spent my days, watching him experience the world- though his ears.
And without even knowing it, my days, have turned into years.

Now a little boy who talks way too much.
He has wide eyes, and baseball dreams, and eats Noodle O's for lunch.

The world is so beautiful, Do you hear what I see?
Looking now, I have a whole new set of hopes and dreams,
For the cutest little ears with hearing aids, I've ever seen...


-AEFK

2 comments:

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Thanks for sharing such a personal poem. It's amazing the range of emotions we can feel towards our children and the hopes and dreams we have for them.
I'm glad your poem ended on a positive note.
Sarah

* said...

That was such a sweet poem.
I enjoyed it.

Kym